which includes all the insider tips on sudden, super-sale cruise specials,
on-board credit offers and free upgrades exclusively for military personnel!
|Click on the links below to see Carnival’s current military specials.|
The Military promotion is available to the following members of the United States Military and Canadian National Defense. The Military Personnel is permitted to book one cabin as long as he/she is traveling in the cabin.
- Active Personnel (U.S / Canadian)
- Spouses of active Military personnel called to active duty or stationed overseas will be eligible to book one cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by submitting a copy of the official military orders and/or duties documentation and proof of marriage. Spouses include Same Gender Union Partner (in states/provinces where legal).
- Reserve Personnel (U.S / Canadian)
- Active Cadets (U.S / Canadian)
- U.S Coast Guard Personnel (U.S)
- National Guard (U.S): Active Member / Retired Member / Honorably Discharged Member
- Uniformed members of the USPHS, United States Public Health Services (U.S)
- Retired Personnel (U.S / Canadian)
- Veterans (U.S), defined as: Individuals who have actively served in the Military for at least two years or during a wartime period and have been honorably discharged.
- Veterans (Canadian), defined as: Individuals who have actively served in the Military for at least ten years or during a wartime period and have been honorably discharged.
- Spouse of deceased personnel (active/retired) and veterans (U.S / Canadian)
- The widow/widower of the deceased personnel, (whether the deceased personnel was active or retired), may book one cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by submitting a copy of the death certificate and the DD214/DD256 (NDI 75 for Canadians)
- The widow/widower of the deceased veteran may book one cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by submitting a copy of proof of honorable discharge (DD256/DD214) (NDI 75 for Canadians) and a death certificate.
- The following personnel are NOT entitled to the Military promotion:
- Dishonorable Discharged personnel
- Delayed Entry Program: Military personnel in a Delayed Entry Program are not eligible until period of active duty.
- Employees of the Department of Defense (civilian personnel)
- Dependant children of any age of the Military personnel
- Auxiliary personnel
- Non-United States Military / Non-Canadian National Defense
- Merchant Marines
- R.O.T.C. personnel
- Affiliates or Contractors of the Military
Exception to Carnival Age Policy – Qualified Military Personnel (and guests in same stateroom)
Military Personnel (18/19/20 years of age) will be an exception to our Carnival Age Policy.
- Minimum age is 18 years of age.
- U.S Military Personnel / Canadian National Defense
- Military personnel in a Delayed Entry Program are not eligible until period of active duty.
- The booking must be documented that the minor guest is eligible to be an exception to the Carnival Age Policy.
- Military personnel do NOT have to be booked under a Military Rate to be able to travel.
- Proof of Military eligibility (see below) must be sent to the Interline Desk for verification. The information can be sent via fax to 305 406-6478 or emailed to Interline@carnival.com. Guest who is not able to submit the required documentation to meet the Age Policy Exception will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. No exceptions will be made at embarkation.
- Guest must be able to show Verification Documents at Embarkation as well.
Verification Documents for Minors include one of the following:
- Copy of the military LES (Leave and Earning statement) – provided the social security number is blackened out.
- Proof for Cadets: A letter from his/her Commander or a copy of a military paystub, provided the social security number is blackened out.
Booking Procedures and Policies
Note: We have received notification advising that military personnel are prohibited from submitting photocopies of their military IDs. In an effort to ensure that we are in compliance of this directive, we will no longer require a copy of their military photo ID.